After working for himself for the last 9 years, Alex has been an Associate Practitioner with Improvement Architecture specialising within Lean Six Sigma, and People Development. Prior to setting up his own business he worked for Nissan and Greggs in Senior Operational roles, and since setting up his own business he has completed projects for organisations such as Cap Gemini, Ford, G.E. etc… with some key projects as follows;
- Consulted in Australasia’s third largest law firm on implementing Lean Six Sigma metrics to drive process improvements in line with the voice of their customers. This realised lead time reduction and right first time accuracy in specific markets and allowed the firm to respond effectively to their competition in safeguarding and growing circa $40m Aus turnover.
- Worked as external Six Sigma Black Belt with global Aerospace coatings and sealants group to develop their in house Six Sigma capability through the delivery of 18 DMAIC projects through 7 Green Belts. Resulting in site wide quality improvement, inventory reduction, delivery schedule achievement adherence and cost reduction in excess £1m per annum.
- Project managed ‘Credit Crunch’ initiative involving Nissan & their supply chain of over 6,000 employees, through the direction of 150 lean change agents from 4 partner organisations resulting in job security and £24million pound savings. As NAC Consultants Lean Six Sigma champion I was accountable for the development of waves of activity aimed at utilising production staff to maximise productivity through facilitated workshops. This highly successful program was rolled out in JCB, Optare Buses and Automotive Supply Chains in the North East and Midlands.
- Lean Academy Master Black Belt in Europe’s largest Lean Sigma implementation project at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Accountability and responsibility for the accreditation of Capgemini’s ‘BeLean’ deployment program across the UK. Ensuring capability handover was measured and controlled via tangible savings.
- Consulted for Ford UK’s management team on productivity strategy and direction as an Automotive Academy Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. As part of a Ford UK initiative led by their MD of Operations I engaged in up skilling Ford and Partner staff to identify key projects that would result in realised savings. Over 30 projects were rolled out across Bridgend, Southampton and Dagenham improving quality, cost and delivery with a minimum £40k return per 5 day intervention.